1) DATA CONTROLLER
The entity responsible for the processing of your personal information is: Company42
Porcelænshaven 26, 2nd floor
2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
CVR: 38 97 33 71
+45 78 70 19 78
The contact details of our data protection officer are as follows:
+45 26 79 66 48
2) CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect the following categories of personal data about you:
- Ordinary personal data: Name, address, email address, telephone number, previous job history, purchase history, use of our digital services, educational background, resume/CV, birth date etc.
When We collect information from another source than you, the source(s) may be:
- Online sources, e.g. social media that are publicly available;
4) USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- help us respond to your queries;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- send you our newsletter, email updates and other subscriptions which we make available from time to time and which you subscribe to receiving;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
5) LEGAL BASIS
We may process your personal data described above based on the following legal bases:
Complete a purchase or provide the services you have requested
Respond to your request for information and provide you with more effective and efficient customer service
Provide you with product updates and information about products you have purchased from us
Provide you with service notifications via email and within the Services based on your notification selections
Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding patentrenewal.com and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotions, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you
Customize the advertising and content you see
Help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the Services
Synthesize and derive insights from your use of different patentrenewal.com products and services
Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding use of our Services
Provide, manage, and improve the Services
Protect our Services and our users
Understand and resolve app crashes and other issues being reported
Content. You can exercise certain control about how your Content is used by/shared with others via your settings on the Services. patentrenewal.com may view and share your Content only as necessary (i) to maintain, provide and improve the Service; (ii) prevent or address technical or security issues and resolve support requests; (iii) if we have a good faith belief, or have received a complaint alleging, that such Content is in violation of our Acceptable Use Guidelines; (iv) as reasonably necessary to allow patentrenewal.com to comply with or avoid the violation of applicable law or regulation; (v) to comply with a valid legal subpoena, request, or other lawful process that meets the requirements of our Law Enforcement Guidelines; and (vi) as set forth in our Subscription Agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer. We may also analyze your User Content in aggregate and on an anonymized basis, in order to better understand the manner in which our Service is being used.
Combined Information. You consent that, for the purposes discussed in this Policy, we may combine the information that we collect through the Services with information that we receive from other sources, both online and offline, and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Aggregate/De-Identified Data. We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others. By using the Services, you consent to such use.
6) SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
- Suppliers and vendors that We work with to assist our company (meaning service providers, technical support, supply services, and financial institutions);
- Public authorities.
7) TRANSFERS TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
We will transfer your personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA.
We are based in Denmark so your data will be processed in Denmark. Some of the recipients we have described in section 6 above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based outside Denmark in places like Canada, Canada Ireland, Philippines, Poland, Romania, UK, and the US. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
8) RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
9) AUTOMATED DECISIONS
We will use automated decision-making in order to provide the highest quality of service. The overall logic is to automate tasks that doesn’t require human interference.
10) MANDATORY INFORMATION
The information marked with * is mandatory. The consequence of not giving the information is that we do not have the sufficient amount of information in order to process our service.
11) YOUR RIGHTS
In general, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- In particular, you have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
- You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
- You may always lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, e.g. The Data Protection Agency
There may be conditions or limitations on these rights. It is therefore not certain for example you have the right of data portability in the specific case – this depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activity.
Last updated: May 21 2018